TRAINING COURSE DESCRIPTIONS & SCHEDULE
MD HQL classes/Basic Pistol
Learn the basics of safety, storage, cleaning, and handling. We will cover MD state Law as well – Please note it is ALWAYS the responsibility of the gun owner to understand and execute the laws. Following the classroom portion, we will go to the shooting range for the live fire qualification.
A 4-hour class that includes everything our MD HQL class includes Upon successful completion of this course, you’ll be able to apply for your MD HQL, FL, and AZ out-of-state concealed carry, and VA wear and carry. UTAH concealed carry is available as well – please send me a text if you’d like to add that to your package. (This $50 add-on is paid to my colleague who teaches this portion of the class- do not send me the extra $50- I will send you a link to reserve your UTAH with my colleague)
- Live fire training (at no extra charge to you, normally $100 an hour) and qualification at the shooting range.
- Also, at no additional charge, out-of-state concealed or wear and carry for FL, AZ, and VA.
- ALL classes are NON-refundable.
- FULL PREPAYMENT is the ONLY way to reserve your spot in classes (I accept Venmo, Cash App, and Zelle)
- There are NO guarantees that MD will approve your applications and NO refunds if MD does not approve your application for whatever reason.
MD Wear & Carry Certification Classes:
A 16-hour class that includes everything our MD HQL class includes PLUS all other pertinent information for safe and responsible Wear and Carry in MD.
- We go over MD and Federal Law in detail (it is ALWAYS the responsibility of each individual to educate and keep yourselves up to date on MD and Federal laws!)
The below information is directly from the mdsp.maryland.gov page:
What is MD Wear and Carry Training?
Approved Wear and Carry Permit training courses are offered by Maryland State Police approved Qualified Handgun Instructors who have established an account through the Maryland State Police MyLicense/E-Gov site. Training is valid until the permit expiration. However, you must receive subsequent training within 2 years of submitting your renewal or subsequent application.
Wear and Carry Permit training is 16 hours of instruction for an original application and 8 hours of instruction for a renewal application. The approved training is offered by a Qualified Handgun Instructor and will include instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and a component that requires the applicant to demonstrate gun safety and proficiency with a minimum score of 70% accuracy.
Designated security personnel (security guards, private detectives, special police, and armored car drivers/guards) must shoot a practical police course of at least 50 rounds, from no further than 25 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
All other applicants must shoot a course of at least 25 rounds, from no further than 15 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
Who is Exempt from MD HQL Training and can go apply for the license immediately?
Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted.
- You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
- You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
- You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor. (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).”
****TEXT ME for fastest service in registration 727-207-9387
*******FIRST COME FIRST SERVE – ONLY NON-REFUNDABLE PAYMENT IN FULL RESERVES YOUR SEAT.
ALL classes include Certificates for:
1) MD HQL/Basic Pistol
2) Out-of-state Concealed Carry for VA/FL/AZ AND
3) MD Wear and Carry:
FULL!!! August 7th and 21st 9am-6pm both days.
FULL!!! August 17th and 18th 9am-6pm both days.
FULL!!! August 22nd and 23rd 9am-6pm both days.
FULL!!! August 7th and 21st 9am-6pm both days.
FULL!!! September 4th and 18th 9am-6pm both days.
***SPOTS AVAILABLE Sept 14th & 15th 9am-6pm both days.
***SPOTS AVAILABLE Sept 19th & 20th 9am-6pm both days
FULL!!!Sep 30th 5-8:30pm AND Oct 1st 9-6 AND Oct 2nd 1:30-6:30.
***SPOTS AVAILABLE October 15th and 23rd 9am-6pm both days.
***SPOTS AVAILABLE November 12th and 13th 9am-6pm both days.
***SPOTS AVAILABLE December 10th and 11th 9am-6pm both days.
——PLEASE NOTE: there is a $15 ZELLE OR $17 VENMO ADMIN FEE if you would like to be moved to an earlier class. ——